What is SEO, SEO promotion and SEO site optimization for an online store?
Search Engine Optimization or SEO is an abbreviation term that, translated from English, sounds like “search engine optimization”: site optimization for search robots (Google, Bing, etc.).
In general, this is a certain set of works aimed at improving the quality of the site based on the requirements and wishes of bots, so that the latter promote your site as high as possible in their search results.
The search operations Google and Yandex have virtually monopolized the global market for searching for goods and services on the Internet both in Ukraine and in the CIS countries. If you have an online store and you want to be on friendly terms with those on whom your well-being depends – you simply have to do SEO. To be in the TOP of search results, you need to bring your online store to the appropriate requirements, otherwise, potential buyers will never know about your web resource …
The main goal of site search engine optimization is to attract targeted visitors from Google, Yandex and other search engines. SEO optimization itself and the list of requirements for SEO promotion have evolved simultaneously with search engines. And, for example, if in 2006 in order to get into the TOP-3 it was enough to register meta tags and buy any 100 links, today the search engine optimization algorithms have become significantly more complicated.
IntlTech web studio develops sites that are liked by search engines, and those, in turn, provide you with buyers and profit. Who doesn’t like sites that are fast, user-friendly, and loaded with useful content?
Search results can be divided into:
- paid: a block with contextual advertising is placed in it;
- free: search results are directly dependent on SEO (organic).
What does SEO consist of?
Search engine optimization can be divided into two main blocks of work:
- Internal optimization.
- External optimization.
We will describe in more detail the works that relate to each block below.
Internal SEO-optimization of the site (online store)
Internal optimization is a complex of works aimed at improving the technical and thematic components of the site, in accordance with the requirements of search engines to get higher positions in the search results.
Basic work on internal website optimization
- Before a specialist, a comprehensive audit of a web resource is carried out in order to understand the state of the site and what needs to be done to make users and search engines “love” it. At the same stage, the specialist immerses himself as deeply as possible into the Client’s business niche: conducts an analysis of competitors, learns what strategies are used by sites in the TOP, which “chips” work in this topic can be implemented for the convenience of users, and the like. We suggest you the 15 best local SEO tools that will help you with the audit.
- Based on the site audit, a TS is drawn up for the programmer to fix and eliminate technical problems and refine the site. After conducting a full audit, more than 90% of sites find critical errors that prevent the web resource from promoting. Some of the amendments can be made by the SEO specialist himself, other tasks can only be done by programmers, in some cases it is necessary to involve a designer and layout designer.
Some of the most important points are the following:
- optimization of page loading speed, server response;
- adaptive layout or mobile version;
- providing all pages with CNC status (human-readable URL);
- elimination of duplicates, 404 pages;
- template settings for displaying meta tags;
- creating / adjusting robots.txt and sitemap.xml files;
- filter optimization: configuring the correct formation of URL addresses for filters and their sections, meta tags, visibility of links to filters.
3. After the audit and corrections for the audit, the most and most interesting work begins – collecting the semantic core and building an SEO structure for the online store. The work of collecting semantics and creating the correct structure is aimed at maximum coverage and traffic attraction for all key queries that potential buyers use when searching for goods and services of your online store.
Collecting a semantic core in the process of SEO-promotion of an online store is mandatory for:
- creating the correct site structure;
- writing meta tags for pages that are promoted;
- writing a technical assignment for optimized texts (so-called SEO-texts);
- improving the relevance of the pages that are being promoted;
- creating the correct internal linking;
- external optimization;
- monitoring and analysis of site positions;
- adjustments to the SEO strategy.
As you can see, without collecting the semantic core – nothing. Therefore, it is important that it is created competently and in full. IntlTech web studio specialists, in addition to standard features from Google and Bing, collect key queries using third-party services and programs and also analyze the downloads of key competitors from the TOP.
As noted above, one of the main tasks of successful promotion is building the SEO-structure of the site based on the analysis of semantics. Take, for example, an online women’s clothing store, go to the “Blouses” section. This page can be “sharpened” under the keywords: “everyday”, “evening”, “business” and others. But, in practice, by creating a separate landing page for each group of requests, we will collect more targeted traffic, which will have a positive effect on both sales and your profit.
4. Internal optimization also includes the creation and placement of unique useful content (SEO-texts, info-articles in the blog, product descriptions, video reviews). Again, it is advisable to create all content on the basis of semantics, forming the appropriate TS for copywriters, forming templates for prescribing meta tags, and the like.
External SEO-optimization of the site (online store)
External website optimization is work aimed at increasing the number of backlinks from various sources to obtain a more solid mass of external links of a website or online store.
Usually, building up the mass of external links is carried out by purchasing links using special exchanges. On the exchanges you can purchase a link “for every taste and color”, the main thing is to understand which of them will benefit you, as well as which ones are best used in each specific case. There is no single algorithm for buying links, each site needs a different speed of building inbound links from various sources, but there are general recommendations on which this should be done:
- first, a smooth, gradual purchase. What does it mean? Growth dynamics should be smooth, without jumps and falls;
- secondly, to diversify the anchor link as much as possible so that the reference portfolio of links looks as natural as possible.
When building a competent link profile, we also recommend using various types of links: “eternal”, rented, links from blogs, message boards, thematic live-catalogs, crowd links, etc.
Is SEO optimization of a website (online store) really that simple?
So, there is nothing complicated in this process, everything is quite simple:
- technically streamlining your site; make it fast and convenient in all kinds of devices;
- fill it with useful, semantically well-separated content;
- increase the number of links – and the traffic will not slow down;
- conduct regular analytics of your performance and those of your competitors;
- never stop looking for new market niches.
We hope that we have opened such a “dark world of SEO” to you, as most of the clients speak about it, and now you have a more complete understanding of all processes related to search engine optimization. Just follow these simple steps systematically, and you are guaranteed to get the result. This is not magic, but the usual routine work that someone has to do, but who? And, as always, you have two options:
- Hire web studio specialists and get guaranteed:
- a whole Team of professionals who work on your website, as well as a project manager who reports in due time;
- expertise from any direction of website development and promotion;
- high quality of services provided.
2. Try to find a SEO specialist, programmer, designer, layout designer, copywriter, semantics, link builder and manage this team yourself, as far as the skill, effort, qualifications and time are enough.
So, analyze and financially calculate both options …
We are always happy to help develop your online business,